.

Friday, November 11, 2016

Addiction Counseling and Treatments

The preaching of dependency is a very complex, and individualise form of psychotherapy. The reason I am choosing to write my explore paper on colony counseling is beca workout my older sidekick has scramed from chemic dependency for more than years. He has been in and divulge of several incompatible interference programs and centers, as well as several post treatment living facilities and still struggles with his addiction to this day. I would like to ameliorate understand the history of treatment, and hopefully become a more effective person my chum salmon can rely on when he is in train of emotional support. Because of the experiences I bemuse endured through my brothers struggles, I have already been exposed to many different forms of literature and have too taken part in many different group therapy sessions in order to eithereviate my brother achieve independence.\nFrom my frank research over the outgoing week, I have form that there have been many adva nces in the form of treating chemical dependency. The most commonly k directn form of treatment is the use of the 12-step program, in which people who suffer from dependency issues admit that they do have a problem, repeal that lifestyle, apologize to those they have wronged and let in that there is a higher(prenominal) power. All though this has been a program that has worked for thousands of people, many psychologists now reject this form of treatment, as it is non at all individualized to the patient and involves a forced religious reflection which many patients are not comfortable with.\nA some articles I have give in the library overly indicate that there is a lack of requirements needed for those who convey the responsibility of treating patients with chemical dependency issues. One such author, addresses the complexness of dealing with these patients stating, The demands placed on the substance abuse advocator today are distant more difficult today than they were in the past. Todays substance abuse counselor must work not...

No comments:

Post a Comment